Sunday, November 29, 2009

Help please!

Please
tell me the pros and cons of making my blog private.
I'm so indecisive and I really need some advice!
Having all the pictue on my blog of our family just makes me a little worried so please let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Bethany said...

I would be privet if my grandmother could figure out how to read my blog and put in the password . I don’t like having pictures of my kids on the internet for all to see. So I think it is better to go privet.

Morgan said...

There are definitely pros and cons. Depends on what you are comfortable with. Here's my opinion for ours....

I am VERY careful to not put pictures of house numbers, school name,kids in school tshirts (with the name of course), and the obvious embarrassing photos. If I post pictures of friends and their kids, I get permission and NEVER use their last name.

Now for Corky and myself, if someone is looking for us, whether our blog is private or not, our names can be looked up in phone books and white pages. If someone is that diligent, they will find us anyway. I don't want to live in fear.

And on that note, some old friends and family have searched for us and found the blog and I am GRATEFUL! It has helped me and Corky reconnect with some wonderful people.

Now if there is a case of a known stalker following me or my family, I would change. But the odds are against that. I feel that caution can be used with a public blog that can make you feel just as secure.

And how's that for a novel of my opinion? You know that is what I am best at! :)

Love you guys.

Miss J said...

put it private there are creepers out there!!

Anonymous said...

Im weird about that stuff, I dont want anyone having our pictures or knowing everything about me and my family. Theres so many weirdos out there, plus i use mine as a journal? We love it private cuz then only the people you invite can read it. The only downfall is you have to get everyones emails..but i'd say for sure private especially now that you've got your little one;)

.Marcie. said...

I hate it when people go private because I always forget to check their blog... it doesn't show up on my bloglist anymore... Unless someone knows how fix this problem????


I have had a few people "find" my blog that I havn't had contact with forever, thats fun. And my grandparents and other family members don't have a blog, and I really don't want to try and teach the computer illiterate how to "log on" and look at it. That would be a nightmare.

just be careful. I like what morgan said about no house numbers and what not...

bethi said...

Ive gone back and forth too....in the mean time...I too, am very careful in never using names and all that stuff! Got to protect those precious bebe's!! ...which yours...(by the way)..is SOOO cute!!!

The Carter Family said...

I've been thinking about it a lot, but Andrew's uncle, and a couple of my cousins, and aunts don't have a blogger email and I don't want them to have to go through making one to see our blog, so I've left ours the way it is.