Thursday, April 15, 2010

5 1/2 Months


I don't usually post about Drake in the middle of a month, but just in the past couple weeks he has changed a ton.
-He uses his voice all the time. He loves it.
-We can't keep him on his back, he just rolls right over. Changing his diaper has become impossible.
-We have been trying really hard to get Drake to take a bottle and we've tried almost every kind of nipple out there. Well, we were at target last night and I found a bottle that was a little more expensive to see if it would work, worth a try right? Well, this morning I gave it a shot and it worked! We just hit a big milestone!
-He's starting to only take two naps a day. But they are longer.
-He falls asleep in the car almost every time I go somewhere.
-He loves to get out of the house and run errands with me.
-He reaches for EVERYTHING and EVERYTHING goes straight to his mouth.
-He loves his baby einstein movies.
-He has found his toes.
-He has become a lot less fussy.
For those of you that don't know we have had a problem with Drakes head being flat on the left side. He has favored his left side since he was born. We didn't know it was a problem until is two month check up. Well, it's been an up and down rollercoaster for us. We've been trying really hard to fix it without having to go to the extreme and getting him a helmet. To me it's looking a ton better, but we are going to the doctor in a few weeks and we will see if we need to spend a chunk of savings on a helmet. They are very expensive. I just needed to get that out there in the open. It's been hard for me to deal with and thoughts of a "bad mom" race through my head daily. I will keep everyone updated and just pray we don't have to get a BEAUTIFUL helmet.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh Jess you're definitely not a bad mom. I think its normal for all moms to wonder if there's something we could do to prevent certain things, but there isn't always and that's whats hard. I bet it starts to get better especially now that he rolls over and likes tummy time maybe he'll stop favoring one side as much. hes getting so big!! You're so cute!

The Carter Family said...

It's REALLY common for babies to favor one side!! There were quite a few babies from my what to expect boards from Camden's month who had babies that favored one side, you are an AMAZING mom!!!! He is adorable, and getting so big!!! I want to meet him!!! We come down in May, we should have a little get together!!!

Ashley C said...

Hey I didnt get to my email to accept your invite my email is amcampbell21@yahoo.com thanks

Beth and Scott Griffin said...

We love your pictures and cute observations about Drake. He is such a little (big!) cutie ! You and Dallas are wonderful parents.

Beth and Scott Griffin said...

Jess, I've got to tell you that we put the second picture of this post on our computer background and every time we walk past the computer we just giggle out loud! thanks for sharing these great photos!!!!